The great news is that switching from your pen and paper system to Connect is quick and easy.
You might have done some of this already, but here’s everything you need to do to get the ball rolling:
- Review and finish setting up your menu – Make sure you list all the services you provide with durations and prices, and make sure to feature up to 5 services/packages to showcase as your ‘Top Services’. It’s worth adding discounts to your services too for times which may be less busy, as this will help you to effectively maximise your time.
- Add your team members – Select the services they offer and add their picture – customers often return to see a friendly face! You can control the permissions your employees have, so it’s worth spending a bit of time making sure they only access the information you're comfortable with (e.g. you can allow them to manage their diary, but not to see all the details in the 'Finance' or client contact details).
- Update your availability – Make sure your calendar is up to date and includes any days that you (and your team) may not be in. Remind your staff to keep an eye on this as being organised and on top of your calendar means you'll be less likely to have to rearrange/cancel a customers' appointment later on.
- Upload your Client List – If you have a list of your clients in an Excel file, you can upload their details into Connect in a few clicks, saving you the job of adding their details individually, and meaning you have their details saved and ready to book in their next appointment. (To do this, simply go to ‘Clients’ and click ‘Upload Client List.’
- Add your upcoming appointments into the Calendar – If you can't transfer all your appointments in one go, our suggestion is to choose a date 2-4 weeks from now and start adding all new appointments from that day into Connect while still managing the remaining ones the old way. Once you've done this, you'll be ready to throw away the paper diary and enjoy all the benefits of Connect!
Don’t forget, our Partner Help Centre has a number of articles available if you need any support with making these changes.