The order in which salons appear in marketplace search results is calculated by many factors. Our algorithms are always working behind the scenes to calculate which salon’s should appear in which position.
Some of the things that our algorithm takes into consideration are:
- The search that the customer is doing (that’s whether they're searching based on recommendations, top-rated, discount availability etc.)
- The customer's previous booking history
- The customer's geolocation
- Whether you’re a heavy user of Treatwell Connect (entering your direct bookings and showcasing real-time availability etc.)
- The number of reviews you have
- Your review rating (as well as this, some of our reviews have a heavier 'weighting' than others. For example, a most recent 5* review carries more weight than a 5* review that's a year old)
- The pricing point of your services compare to other venues (this applies to the particular treatment type being searched as well as your pricing in general)
- If you're new on-site (we give our newly signed up listings a boost up the marketplace for 2 weeks to help get them off the ground)
Taking those factors into consideration you can get an idea of how to improve where you appear in search results, but unfortunately, there’s no ‘one size fits all’ way to get your salon to the top of the list.