In the past, when clients booked you on Treatwell, they were always asked if they’ve been to your salon before.
This was done to ensure they have an opportunity to say ‘Yes’, meaning they’d be considered a repeat client, and their booking would be commission-free to you. (As a reminder – we only charge commission on new clients we bring to your salon through Treatwell).
However, we know from feedback from you that asking this question wasn’t the best way to go about this. So we worked our tech magic to come up with a better, more advanced, and much more accurate way to identify repeat clients.
And we’ve come up with something good! We removed the check box – and are now using AI-powered processes that work behind the scenes instead.
How it works, in simple terms
- When a client books you through Treatwell, our AI algorithms check for their details in your Connect client database.
- If any of their details are there (i.e. their email address and/or phone number), we know they’ve been to your salon before.
- This means they’re immediately classed as a repeat client – and their booking through Treatwell is completely commission-free to you, as long as they've had a successful appointment in the last 365 days.
How to make this process work for you
This is important: for us to protect you from paying commission on repeat clients, you have to play a part too.
Here are the steps to take to make sure you never pay commission on repeat clients who book on Treatwell:
- Every time a client books directly with you, you add their email and phone number to the appointment. They’ll be immediately added to your client database, and if they ever book you on Treatwell, their booking will be commission-free to you.
- If you have a client list (in an excel spreadsheet or something similar), then uploading it to Connect is an excellent way to make sure all of your existing clients can book commission-free through Treatwell. Here’s how to upload your client list.