1. What is No-Show Protection?
This is a trial of a new feature that protects you (our partners) against late cancellations and no-shows.
When a client chooses to ‘pay at venue’ when booking an appointment at your salon through the Treatwell app or website, they will be asked to secure their booking with their card details.
If they attend their appointment as expected then they will pay you directly just like any normal pay at venue booking.
However, if they cancel last minute or do not show up to their appointment, then No-Show Protection will be applied and they will be charged the full amount of their booking.
Please see the full article about how No-Show Protection works here.
2. Which salons are included?
Any salons in the UK or Ireland who accept pre-paid bookings as well as 'pay at venue' bookings are eligible to have No-Show Protection enabled on their account.
3. Can I opt-out at any time?
Yes, you can opt-out at any time by getting in touch with us.
4. How is payment taken if a client no-shows?
The card the client used to secure their booking is charged.
- If this is a new client to you, the usual commission will apply.
- If this is a repeat client then a 2% payment processing fee will be charged as Treatwell took the payment (the same as prepay).
You will have control over stopping the charge or giving a possible refund if you see appropriate, straight from Connect.
Please note that if the client cancels due to COVID-19 health reasons, they will not be charged.
5. Does No-Show Protection apply to new clients only?
No, it applies to all bookings through the Treatwell app and website. New and repeat clients will be asked to secure their booking when booking through the app.
6. Does No-Show Protection apply to all bookings on the Treatwell marketplace?
Yes. No-Show Protection will apply to all bookings placed on the Treatwell app or Treatwell website – but not the widget installed anywhere else.
If you want No-Show Protection to be applied to your repeat clients, encourage them to book via the Treatwell app or desktop website.
7. Do I have to pay to have No-Show Protection enabled for my salon?
No, you do not have to pay a fee to be part of this new feature – it’s free for our partners.
8. Are clients aware that their booking is secured with a card?
Yes, they are. We make it very clear during the booking process that they have to secure their booking with a card and if they cancel too late or do not turn up then they will be charged.
Check out what your clients will see in the video below.
9. What if a client books more than one treatment?
Treatwell No-Show Protection will only apply if they cancel or miss all treatments they booked. If they show up for any of the treatments, No-Show Protection won’t apply.
For example, if a client books a manicure and a haircut in the same booking, then doesn’t show up for one of the treatments but shows up for the other,No-Show Protection won’t apply.
10. What counts as a late cancellation?
A late cancellation is when a client cancels within the cancellation period you have set. Typically this is 24/48/72 hours.
11. Is prepay still offered?
Yes, your clients can still prepay if you have opted into No-Show Protection.