Sending a short and sweet birthday email to your clients before their big day is a great way to build client loyalty, remind them about your services – and nudge them to book their next appointment.
Especially if you include a one-off birthday treat – like a discount or a complimentary glass of bubbly on their next visit.
And now, you can send birthday emails to clients straight from Connect, automatically, a week before their birthday. It’s a new Automated messaging feature – and we think your clients will love it.
In this article:
- How the birthday email looks
- How to send automated birthday emails
- How to make sure all your clients get birthday emails
How the birthday email looks
So you don’t have to spend time writing it yourself, we’ve prebuilt it for you.
As you can see, it doesn’t include a special offer or discount – just a gentle nudge to book their next appointment.
How to send automated birthday messages
- Head to Connect, then click on Marketing at the top
- Click on Automated messaging on the left-hand-side
- Once on the page, you’ll see a section titled Send a birthday email
How to make sure all your clients get birthday emails
Once you’ve enabled birthday emails, they’ll be sent to your clients automatically, a week before their birthday. That's so they have time to book an appointment with you on their birthday, if they wish.
To send automated birthday emails, your client's email address needs to be in Connect.
This is how to make sure every client receives them:
- Ask clients for their email address when adding a direct appointment to your calendar – as well as if they’re happy to receive promotional emails.
- With their date of birth, there are two ways – uploading a client list with this information to Connect, or by adding it manually. This can be done under the Clients tab in Connect.