Having a cancellation policy in place that best suits the needs of your customers allows them to manage their bookings independently - saving you precious time through your day if their plans change.
Where can customers see my policy?
We'll display your cancellation policy throughout the customer's booking process, as well as on their confirmation email and in-app to avoid any confusion.
What cancellation policy options do I have?
Connect allows you to set your cancellation policy to 0, 2, 24, 48 or 72 hours.
The longer you set your policy, the more strict it is for customers. For example, a cancellation policy of 24 hours means that if a pre-paid customer cancels their appointment within 24 hours of its start time, they aren't eligible for a refund. If they cancel more than 24 hours before, they will be refunded automatically.
What should my policy be?
You're in complete control of your cancellation policy, but we'd recommend a flexible policy such as 2 hours.
This way, your policies are attractive to customers, and if you do receive a last-minute cancellation you still have time to receive another booking (either from Treatwell or walk-in) to fill the slot.
Things to consider
1. You should bear in mind that having a strict cancellation policy (for example, longer than 24 hours) will significantly decrease the number of bookings you receive.
2. With a strict cancellation policy in place, it's likely that any customers who cancel their booking and are not eligible for a refund will contact you directly to dispute this.
3. Our trend data shows that only a very small percentage of customers cancel their appointments within 2 hours, meaning the impact of a flexible cancellation policy is minimal.
How do I change my policy?
Making a change to your policy will only impact bookings made after that time and not pre-existing bookings.
- Go to settings on a desktop
- Click "Online Bookings" on the left side
- Click "Settings" at the top of the page
- Select your preference from the "Cancellation Policy" drop down.