COVID-19 forms are essential in keeping you, your team, and your clients safe.
But we know that creating, sending and keeping track of these forms takes up a lot of time.
Which is why the first Client form we’re automating for you is the COVID-19 form.
All you’ll need to do is make sure the feature is turned on in Connect – and clients will receive an easy, digital COVID-19 form to fill out online before each of their appointments. Their answers will be instantly available for you in Connect.
You’ll then be able to decide whether it’s safe for their appointment to go ahead, in line with the Government’s official guidelines.
In this article:
- Why we’ve automated these forms
- How COVID-19 forms work
- How to enable and disable automated COVID-19 forms
- What if a client doesn’t fill it in before their visit?
- What does the COVID-19 form look like?
Why we’ve automated these forms
- Automate your admin. Sending these forms automatically means you don’t have to create and send them yourself, so no need to waste appointment time.
- Get organised. No-one likes an endless pile of paperwork on their desk. With digital forms, you can track, keep and find them easily.
- Keep it all in one place. Using a third-party form builder isn’t efficient as you have to keep switching between digital tools. Keep it all in one place to make things easier for you and your team.
- Stay safe. Paper is a soft surface that can carry the COVID-19 virus and disinfecting it is impossible (without damaging) – so digital forms are a safer alternative.
How COVID-19 forms work
- Once this feature is enabled on your Connect app (under the Client tab), we’ll start sending automated COVID-19 forms to your clients before each of their appointments.
- For direct bookings, we’ll only be able to send these forms to clients whose email addresses you’ve entered into Connect (so make sure to always take their email addresses and add them when creating appointments).
- Then everyone who books you – whether they booked online or by getting in touch with you directly – will automatically receive a COVID-19 form in their booking confirmation email. Once the form is sent, you’ll see this status in Connect:
- The form will be a link that clients will be able to open and fill out.
- The same form will be sent to everyone (see the form below).
- Clients will need to fill it out before their appointment so you can decide whether it can go ahead.
- When a form is filled out, you’ll see this status in their appointment window in Connect:
- Please note that completed COVID-19 forms will be stored in Connect for 21 days, then deleted to comply with local regulations and GDPR requirements.
Here's how to turn on the feature on your Connect app:
- Tap on the Client tab in your Connect app
- Make sure the toggle for COVID-19 forms is on
Here's how to turn on the feature on the web version of Connect:
- Head to Connect, then click on Marketing at the top
- Click on Client forms in the left-hand-corner
- Find the COVID-19 form email – then turn on the feature
To disable the feature, follow the same steps, and make sure the toggle is OFF.
Keep in mind that we can only send these forms to clients with email addresses, so make sure you enter this information into every appointment you create in Connect.
A quick note: You'll need the latest version of the Connect app for Client Forms to work – so check if an update is available by visiting the App Store or Google Play.
What if the client hasn't filled out the form?
The best thing to do is to ask your client to complete it when they come in.
- Open their appointment in Connect, and click 'Complete form'.
- You can then ask them the questions and fill out the form on their behalf – or, if you can do it safely, give them your device so they can answer themselves.
Please note: There may be times when a form can’t be sent (like if you haven’t included the client's email address). If that happens, just follow the steps above.
What does the form look like?
Here's a screenshot of the COVID-19 form: