We know that feeling financially protected from no-shows and late cancellations is incredibly important to you (now more than ever).
To give you extra peace of mind when accepting online bookings, we've introduced Treatwell Cancellation Protection – a scheme designed to protect you from lost revenue.
- What is Treatwell Cancellation Protection?
- How does Treatwell Cancellation Protection work?
- How does Treatwell Cancellation Protection pricing work?
- How do I enable Cancellation Protection?
What is Treatwell Cancellation Protection?
When a client books you on Treatwell marketplace or via the widget, they can choose to pay you after their appointment (i.e. pay at venue). This is fine in most cases – but if they cancel last minute or don’t show up at all, you lose a chunk of your revenue.
Treatwell Cancellation Protection helps protect your business from these losses by giving you more control over late cancellations and no-show charges.
How does Treatwell Cancellation Protection work?
When a client books a treatment with you via Treatwell and chooses to pay at venue, we’ll ask for their card details to secure the booking. This is new – clients never had to enter their details, unless they were prepaying.
If they attend their appointment with you, nothing changes – they’ll pay for it in-salon as they normally would. When you check out the appointment in Connect (with or without POS), their card details will be dismissed and they won’t be charged.
However, if they cancel their appointment too late (outside of your cancellation period) or don’t show up at all, CancellationProtection will cover you in the following ways:
- If they cancel their appointment through Treatwell, we will automatically charge them the full cost of the treatment.
- If they get in touch with you to cancel, you’ll be able to choose whether you want to charge them as you’re going through the cancellation steps in Connect (as below).
- If the client doesn’t show up for the appointment at all, and you mark them as No-Show in Connect, you’ll also be able to choose whether you want to charge them (as below).
- If you need to cancel an appointment for reasons unrelated to your client, you will not be covered by No-Show protection. This includes if a stylist is ill and for any reasons relating to coronavirus.
- The cancellation protection does not allow you to use the "prepaid only" function if applied to a specific customer: this means that with the cancellation protection activated the obligation to pay in advance will cease and you will be able to choose the "pay in salon" option
How does Treatwell Cancellation Protection pricing work?
For all appointments covered by Treatwell Cancellation Protection, usual fees and commissions apply.
- If this is a new client to you, you'll be charged your usual commission (+VAT) whether or not they show up or cancel outside the cancellation window.
- For repeat clients, we'll charge their card the full amount of the booking, including a processing fee of 2% (+VAT), just as we would for prepaid bookings. If the appointment goes ahead as planned, we won't charge the card, so there'll be no processing fee — it'll be completely free.
How do I enable Cancellation Protection?
If you wish to activate the Cancellation Protection, all you have to do is contact our Customer Experience team or your Account Manager. Your choice will be saved and our technical team will take care of the rest as soon as possible.