We know that feeling financially protected from no-shows and late cancellations is incredibly important to you (now more than ever).
To give you extra peace of mind when accepting online bookings, we've introduced Treatwell No-show Protection – a scheme designed to protect you from lost revenue.
- What is Treatwell No-Show Protection?
- How does Treatwell No-Show Protection work?
- How does Treatwell No-Show Protection pricing work?
- How do I enable no show protection?
What is Treatwell No-Show Protection?
When a client books you on Treatwell (marketplace), they can choose to pay you after their appointment (i.e. pay at venue). This is fine in most cases – but if they cancel last minute or don’t show up at all, you lose a chunk of your revenue.
Treatwell No-Show Protection helps protect your business from these losses by giving you more control over late cancellations and no-show charges.
How does Treatwell No-Show Protection work?
When a client books a treatment with you via Treatwell and chooses to pay at venue, we’ll ask for their card details to secure the booking. This is new – clients never had to enter their details, unless they were prepaying.
If they attend their appointment with you, nothing changes – they’ll pay for it in-salon as they normally would. When you check out the appointment in Connect (with or without POS), their card details will be dismissed and they won’t be charged.
However, if they cancel their appointment too late (outside of your cancellation period) or don’t show up at all, No-Show Protection will cover you in the following ways:
- If they cancel their appointment through Treatwell, we will automatically charge them the full cost of the treatment.
- If they get in touch with you to cancel, you’ll be able to choose whether you want to charge them as you’re going through the cancellation steps in Connect (as below).
- If the client doesn’t show up for the appointment at all, and you mark them as No-Show in Connect, you’ll also be able to choose whether you want to charge them (as below).
Please note: If you need to cancel an appointment for reasons unrelated to your client, you will not be covered by No-Show protection. This includes if a stylist is ill and for any reasons relating to coronavirus.
How does Treatwell No-Show Protection pricing work?
For all appointments covered by Treatwell No-Show Protection, usual fees and commissions apply.
- If this is a new client to you, you'll be charged your usual commission (+VAT) whether or not they show up or cancel outside the cancellation window.
- For repeat clients, we'll charge their card the full amount of the booking, including a processing fee of 2% (+VAT), just as we would for prepaid bookings. If the appointment goes ahead as planned, we won't charge the card, so there'll be no processing fee — it'll be completely free.
How do I enable No-Show Protection?
If you'd like No-Show Protection enabling on your listing, all you need to do is complete this online form. Your interest will be registered with us, and our tech team will take care of the rest as soon as possible.