You’ve heard us say it often enough: the hair and beauty industry is going through a digital revolution. Your next client is always just a click away – and that's where Treatwell comes in.
Our mission is to give you the best, most advanced tools for getting booked online. We're here to help fill those free slots – by giving your clients the opportunity to book you however they want to, whenever.
So, we've partnered with Google to make finding and booking you even easier. Your clients can now book you directly through Google with Reserve with Google. Read on to find out what it is and how it works.
What is RwG?
RwG allows clients to book appointments with you directly through Google, without visiting the Treatwell website. The power Google has over search engines is evident in the way customers look for salons. By using RwG, clients can make bookings in one click, as they search on Google and Google Maps.
Why is RwG great for your business?
A lot of bookings are made out of opening hours, and by a lot we mean a staggering 47%. So it makes sense to offer your customers a 24/7 online booking channel for when you’re not around to answer the phone. Plus, let’s face it, Google is one of the biggest and brightest.
Google is the first place customers look to find and read more about salons, including key info like your address, venue pictures and customer ratings. This is because when customers carry out a simple Google search, for example, “hair salons in London”, Google and Google Maps results show up before organic ones. Like this:
Reserve with Google means customers will be able to find you instantly by name, but also just by looking for salons in their nearby area, as you’ll pop up on Google Maps. 78% of new customers book through RwG - so ensuring your salon is set up to allow bookings this way offers a tidal wave of potential bookings!
How does it work?
The customer journey with RwG is streamlined to be as simple as possible, and these are the steps your new customers will take:
- The potential customer searches for a salon on Google, finds it and clicks on ‘Book’.
- The user is then able to choose which service they want, the date and time of appointment as made available by you, via your Connect calendar. The user also adds their contact info and confirms their booking.
- The customer then receives a confirmation email from Google & Treatwell, along with appointment reminders. After the appointment, your customer will also be asked to submit a review on Google & Treatwell about their experience.
Of course, all RwG bookings are automatically updated in your Connect calendar, so you don’t have to worry about conflicting appointments.
Reserve with Google pricing
When a new client books you through RwG, we no longer charge a commission, meaning ALL RwG bookings will be completely free.
What are the requirements?
To take advantage of RwG bookings, you'll need to meet these requirements:
- Pay at Venue (PAV) must be enabled, as this is the only way your customers can pay via RwG.
- Your salon must be listed on Google.
- You must claim your business via Google My Business - we will set this up for you.