Congratulations on joining Treatwell! It's great to have you here.
With Treatwell Connect – a powerful, all-in-one salon management software – you can manage your salon’s day-to-day, your team’s availability, schedules, resources, client relationships, finances, and more. It’s an all-round solution, designed for salons like yours.
This article will take you through how to get set-up on Treatwell Connect – but if you need a hand at any point, you can Book a call with us through Connect – and we’ll be happy to help.
In this article:
- Logging in to Connect
- Adding appointments
- Setting your opening hours
- Adding your team to Connect
- Creating your service list
- Updating your availability
- Getting paid by Treatwell
- Editing your business and contact details
- What should I do when I’ve finished setting up my profile?
Logging in to Connect
Once you’ve signed up with Treatwell, you’ll want to log in to Connect to explore your new salon management tool – and set-up your profile so clients can start booking you on the marketplace.
Once you’re in, we’ll guide you through a quick set-up process to get you up and running as quickly as possible.
Adding appointments is something you’ll need to do regularly to keep your salon running smoothly. It’s best to do this every time someone books you by calling up or popping so you can show your real-time availability to clients booking you via Treatwell.
That way clients will only be able to book you when you’re free – and you won’t have to worry about double bookings.
To add an appointment:
- Click on the time your appointment is due to start in your Calendar
- Type in your client’s name and contact details (the first appointment you create will be a test one, so just choose your own name and contact details)
- Select a service – and save. You’ll see it appear in your calendar right away.
Tip: Make sure you add client details each time. This way, your clients will get helpful automatic booking confirmations and reminders, and you'll be able to reach more people when sending out marketing campaigns (your clients will need to opt-in, of course).
Setting your opening hours
Set your opening hours so that clients know when you’re open and taking bookings. These hours will be visible on your Treatwell profile, so it’s important that they’re accurate.
To make things easier, we’ve pre-set your business hours to what we’ve worked out are the most common salon opening hours. That said, every salon is different, so you may need to edit them slightly to match yours.
- Here’s how to edit your opening hours
Adding your team
The next step is getting your full team on board so that you and everyone working in your salon can get the most out of Connect.
By adding your full team to Connect from the start, you’ll be making your life (and theirs) a lot easier.
You’ll see everyone’s schedules in one place, without having to juggle multiple calendars.
Each team member you add will be bookable online and will be able to keep on top of their bookings 24/7 with the Connect app, helping them stay organised and keeping your salon running smoothly. Learn more here
- Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to add your team to Connect
Creating your service list
When setting up your profile, you’ll also need to create your menu – a service list that includes all services clients can book with you online.
You’ll see a few demo services in your Menu tab that we’ve created based on your salon type. You can edit these services by clicking on them, or click ‘Add new…’ to top up your list.
Make sure you add your full menu (including any extras), It helps if clients can see everything you offer as they can book with confidence, knowing they’ll be getting the extras they need (for example, Shellac removal as well as Shellac Manicure).
- Find out how to add your services here
Updating your availability
Getting listed on Treatwell means people can book you right away – so it’s important to make sure they can only book the times that you’re free.
Otherwise, you may end up double-booked – and that can be pretty stressful. Having to see two clients at once means you’re likely to rush, and your clients probably won’t get the best salon experience. They’ll be less likely to come back and may leave a bad review, which lowers your rating on Treatwell.
In other words – keep your availability up to date for things to run smoothly, and for your salon to do well!
- Make sure that every time a client books you directly (by calling or dropping in), you add that appointment to your Connect calendar. This means that other clients can’t book you at that time – and you can focus on the client who has reserved this time with you.
- Use the time blocking feature to block out any times you can’t take bookings (for example, because you’re taking lunch or need to leave the salon). Blocking out time is easy – go through the same steps as when adding an appointment, but choose ‘Block’ instead of ‘Appointment’.
Getting paid by Treatwell
We’ll need your bank details to be able to pay you your earnings with Treatwell. You’ll only need to enter these details once as they’re unlikely to change – but make sure you enter them correctly so that you don’t experience any delays in getting paid.
To find out more about getting paid or for other Finance questions, click here.
To add your bank details:
- Click on Settings in Connect and select Finance on the left-hand side
- Under the Bank details heading, enter your account details and save
What should I do when I’ve finished setting up my profile?
When you’ve gone through the whole set-up, check that you’ve finished setting up the following:
- Your opening hours
- Your team
- Your service list
- Your accurate availability
- Your bank details
Once this is done, click 'Get listed on Treatwell' in the set-up checklist or on the left-hand side of your screen.
Our team will then double-check your account – and will get in touch with you within 2-3 business days to finish setting things up. We'll then list your salon on Treatwell!