So – why should I be excited?
These reports are a big improvement on those currently in place. Here’s why:
- Reports are now in real time – this means any changes made are reflected instantly (compared to yesterday's data in old reports);
- 6 individual reports to help you analyse and grow your business (and we’ll be adding more);
- Now you can export your reports.
And there’s so much more to look forward to!
With the new reports, a salon owner will be able to analyse:
- Service, product and voucher sales;
- Sales of each service and product;
- Sales by booking channel;
- Daily and monthly sales stats;
- Employee performance.
Plus, the salon’s accountant will have:
- Data to calculate the sales commission for each employee;
- VAT sales report;
- The ability to export data and use it in other systems for further analysis.
Key points to remember
Appointments need to be checked out
The new sales reports are based ONLY on appointments which have been checked out – so it becomes even more useful to check out all appointments that take place in your salon.
It’s also important to note that service prices can differ at salon (maybe down to discounts, hair length or anything else) – make sure all appointments are checked out so you get reliable sales data.
To check out an appointment, you simply need to:
- Confirm which services the customer has had;
- Include the price of each service;
- Apply discounts;
- Add any products sold.
This makes reporting precise and clear, and helps you to track the performance of your salon.
If you forget to check out an appointment, you can check it out the following day but the revenue will go into that day’s report. (E.g. if you forget to check out an appointment on Monday and check it out on Tuesday it’ll go in Tuesday’s report).
Checking out appointments is the best way to get the most out of the new sales reports – so if you check out all your appointments, you’ll be able to analyse your stats and see what changes would best benefit your business.
Reports are based on check out date
The new and improved sales reports are based on when an appointment has been checked out. This makes data more accurate and factual (for accounting and to give a better overview of the salon’s business) – plus, checking out appointments confirms that it’s happened and the final price is accurate.
For example, if a salon has 300 appointments in August (which haven’t been checked out) but checks them out in September, in the new sales reports they will be displayed in September.
We don’t recommend checking out past appointments as sales will be based on the checkout date rather than appointment date – this will make your sales reports unreliable and won’t be a good representation of your revenue.
How can I find a specific report?
To find a report, simply:
- Log into Connect;
- Go to ‘Reports’ and then ‘Sales Reports (new);
- Select the drop down menu and search for the specific report you’d like to look at.
Please let us know if you have any feedback so we can make our sales reports even better.