All Treatwell and ‘Book Now’ widget bookings save a customer’s details automatically to Connect, but make sure you also add your direct customer’s details too (those who walk in for an appointment or call to book in with you, aka everyone who is manually added to the system). This way, all your customers can benefit from automatic appointment confirmation, reminders and invites to rebook.
To create a client record:
- Go to Connect, click on ‘Clients’ at the top of the page then click ‘+ Add’ on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Two options will come up, to add a customer individually, select ‘+ Add new client’.
- Enter all of the customer’s details, i.e. name, phone number and email, as well as any notes you may have. Click ‘Save’ to finish.
- If you’ve received consent to send the client invites to rebook and promotions, tick the marketing communication box. Click ‘Save’ to finish.
To add client records in bulk to Connect:
Alternatively, you can also import client records in bulk from any XLS or XLSX file. Create a spreadsheet with your customer’s details, ensuring that the customer’s name is in column A, their phone number is in column B and their email address is in column C. You can also add any additional notes in column D, as well as column E which lists the client’s consent regarding receive marketing communication (type '1' in the cell for ‘yes’, or leave it empty for ‘no’).
Once you've created this spreadsheet, follow these simple steps:
- Go to Connect, click on ‘Clients’ at the top of the page and select ‘Import from file’ instead of ‘Add new client’.
- Upload an XLS or XLSX file with all your customer’s details – this allows you to import multiple contacts at once. Click ‘Save’ to finish.
You can also add a client’s details when you add their appointment to your calendar:
- Go to your Connect calendar and click on the time slot for the appointment you want to create.
- Add your client’s name, phone and email (as well as whether they want to be opted in to marketing communications) before selecting the service, time, duration and team member for the appointment you are creating. If you want to add a note or a reminder about your client (i.e. if they have sensitive skin or what shade you usually dye their hair), this is a great time to do so. When you’re completely happy with all this – click ‘Save’ to finish.