Setting up an iCal synchronisation (sync) will link your own calendar or management system to Connect. This means that Connect will automatically update your availability and block out times based on your other calendar, without you having to jump back and forth between two systems.
To link your existing calendar to Connect:
- Click on 'Team' at the top of Connect and then go to 'Team' on the left-hand menu
- Click on your name in the team member list
- Go to 'External Calendar' and then paste your calendar's iCal address into the box (see below)
- Click 'Link Calendar' – and you're ready to go.
Once they have been linked, any times blocked out on your existing calendar will be mirrored in Connect, minimising the risk of bookings coming through during your busy times.
Where to find your iCal address
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- In the top right, click Settings and then Settings.
- On the left panel, under “Settings for my calendars,” click the name of the calendar you want to use.
- Scroll down to "Integrate calendar"
- In the "Secret address in iCal format" section, copy the link.
- Log in to iCloud using your username and password.
- Click on "Calendar" and look for the list of Calendars on the top left of the screen
- Click on the sharing button next to the Calendar name
- In the new window, select the "Public calendar" checkbox
- Select and copy the provided link.
Tip: If your link doesn't work the first time try changing the "webcal://" prefix to "https://"