Plans can change, and there are times when you or your client may have to cancel an appointment at short notice.
While it's always better to reschedule, we know that sometimes this just isn't possible.
The good news is that Connect allows you to cancel marketplace/ widget bookings and manually-entered appointments yourself – you no longer need to inform us.
You are also in charge of your refunds – and will be able to issue them to your clients in the following scenarios:
- Your client can no longer attend
- Client has safety concerns (COVID)
- You can no longer fulfil the appointment
How to cancel an appointment and issue a refund
- Click on "Cancel appointment" – you’ll be asked whether you or the client want to cancel.
- On the next screen, you'll be asked to provide more detail on why you’re cancelling.
- In the bottom right corner, click "Cancel Appointment"
- If the appointment is outside of the refund policy, you'll be asked if you want to refund the client or not. This will cancel the order in total and provide a full refund.
- The order will then be cancelled and your client will receive an email to confirm.
Cancellation is a very sensitive process. The more often you cancel appointments, the more your Treatwell ranking can drop.
If you (the salon) cancel the appointment
- If a prepaid appointment is cancelled within the cancellation period, we will automatically refund the client the amount they paid. The client will also receive an email in which we inform them about the changes.
- If the appointment was booked through Treatwell, we will send an email to the client on our behalf.
- If the appointment was booked through you, we will send an email on your behalf (please note that the general content of the email remains the same).
- The same goes for clients who have chosen to pay at the venue, except if the appointment was not cancelled within the cancellation deadline – then there is no refund generated.
If your client cancels the appointment
- If a client cancels within the cancellation period and has already paid in advance, we will refund the client.
- If the client cancels the appointment outside of the cancellation period but has prepaid, you decide whether or not to refund the amount.
- If a client has chosen to pay at the salon, they’ll simply be able to cancel and no refund will be issued.
- In all the above scenarios, your client will receive an email to confirm the cancellation (and the refund, where applicable).
Sometimes mistakes happen – we inform the client in the email that they should get in touch if the appointment should not be cancelled or if this was a mistake.